Head Baker - Forest Gate
Hovis Limited is a vertically integrated baking and flour milling business currently operated by The Gores Group as part of a stand-alone joint venture. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate the Hovis brand, building on its rich heritage. Nish Kankiwala our CEO brings a wealth of commercial and marketing experience from previous roles with Unilever, Pepsico and Burger King. He has been an integral part of the business for the past 2 years and has recently taken over as CEO.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Hovis within a highly strategic site based role as Head Baker. This is a senior site leadership role which to drive and maintain improvements, through engaging and developing Hovis People and improving Site Capabilities.
- Advocating and inspiring a Servant Leadership approach to engaging all site Colleagues,
- Establishing clear Standards and facilitating a consistent approach to Daily Site Control through Gemba and Visual Management
- Manage Continuous Improvement strategies, processes.
- Work closely with business leadership to develop key performance measurements and reporting
- Create an Environment in which continuous improvement can thrive
- To ensure our products consistently meet specification through recipe and process management
- To be the subject matter contact on baking & baking process.
- To drive the principles of Lifelong Customer Loyalty Strategy.
- To use and develop process reporting through the Hovis PMIS/SCADA system.
Support Delivery of Environmental Strategy and Resource Efficiency KPI’s
Demonstrate and promote the essential use of tools and techniques in application / execution of role (not exhaustive):
- Working Together - Team Structures, Team Forming, Coaching, Facilitation
- Problem Solving Process - Two levels of Problem solving using DMAIC/ RCA
- 5S - Work Place Organisation and Visual Management
- SMED - Achieving Quick Changeover
- LSA – Line Speed de-bottlenecking and Line Balancing
- TPM - Autonomous Maintenance, up skilling, Clean & Check, Focused Improvement
- Lean/Wow - Kaizen principles, focus on waste elimination and value added activity
- SCM / VSM - Promote Joint structures, Kanban areas
- SOP - Educate in creation, publication and training against Standard Work
- Process Control and Optimisation – Yield Improvement
- Development of process controls relating to product and equipment specification
- Delivering LCL through superior quality, production efficiencies, waste management and cost control.
- Keep up to date on bakery trends and innovation; translate this to plant objectives
- Develop training plans relating to process and fill any development gaps for all employees
- Successfully implement new product launches
- Support LCL processes on site through process control
- Support in project or MPO process changes
- Site representation for the central Wheat to Bread team
Location: Forest Gate
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: General Manager
Closing Date: 25th May 2018
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK