Maintenance Engineer - Days
We are currently recruiting for a multi-skilled maintenance engineer on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. Are you looking for a new technical challenge? Looking to work with new hi tech equipment?
The role is to carry out as directed by the Engineering Shift Leader, the day to day maintenance tasks and site repairs to assist operations in achieving maximum productivityMain responsibilities
Complete fault finding, planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
Carry out fault finding, problem solving and establish route cause fixes to address equipment issues
Maintain ongoing communications with the operations team ensuring they are fully aware of all relevant engineering activities and schedules Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production up time according to given priorities
Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely
Record any stock removed from the Engineering stores to ensure accurate stock control Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectivenesIdeal candidate
Time served accredited apprentice or equivalent experience with appropriate certification
Maintenance of Engineering Systems within a manufacturing environment
Experience of a multi-skilled engineering environmentAbout the company
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.
- We invest heavily in our people, facilities and capability to ensure we retain a strong competitive edge in the markets we operate. Developing and training our people is critical to delivery of our strategy.
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.
- Our capacity to innovate is key to our ongoing success. We ask our people to constantly look for new and better ways of running our business.
- We hold each other to high performance standards and challenge ourselves to improve our business every day.