Technical Services Manager / Senior Specifications Technologist
Commutable from: Bedford, Milton Keynes, Luton, Stevenage, Cambridge
A leading FMCG food manufacturer is currently seeking a Technical Services Manager / Senior Specifcations Technologist to fulfill the role of Specifications & Artwork Manager.
Reporting to the Regulatory Manager, the Specifications & Artwork Manager will be responsible for managing a small team of specification technologists to approve all finished product specifications and artwork for products manufactured, ensuring compliance to the relevant labelling rules.
The successful Specifications & Artwork Manager will have previous experience as a Senior Specifications Technologist / Technical Services Manager / Food Technologist for an FMCG food manufacturer. You will have extensive experience of retailer specification systems and a proven track record in checking and sign off of artwork. Staff supervisory / management experience would be desirable.
Responsibilities of the Specifications & Artwork Manager include:
• Manage and lead the Artwork & Specifications Team, ensuring compliance with all quality, food safety, legal and customer requirements for finished product specifications and artwork
• Manage and coordinate the team workload, prioritising workload to ensure the team can respond and adapt accordingly.
• Develop and manage labelling, recipe and specifications systems and processes ensuring compliance with all legal, customer & company requirements, implementing changes to systems and processes when necessary.
• Keep the company updated with relevant procedures and data information for finished product specifications and product labelling compliance to external accreditations, playing a key role during audit verification, such as BRC standards, Soil Association and RSPO, ensuring records are maintained where required.
• Develop and report appropriate key performance indicators associated with labelling and retailer specifications to monitor, maintain and improve year on year performance.
• Develop and manage nutrition sampling & testing schedules, ensuring compliance with all legal, customer & JDR requirements.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.