£50,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Our client, a well-known consumer brand, need an Engineering Manager with well developed and broad Manufacturing Engineering and People Leaderships skills.
They have a modern manufacturing site in Anglia. Commutable from Cambridge, Ipswich and Norfolk etc. The site runs 2 shifts on a 12hr rotation. There are currently 20 in the engineering team made up of 15 engineers and 5 apprentices. It is a highly mechanised site running 2 lines.
Logical Resources FMCG have been asked to find them an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to lead the team as the Engineering Manager, joining the company's management team. You will be responsible for all PPM on the site to design implement and lead a proper planning process to reduce downtimes and increase output. This will involve data capture of faults and downtimes to build knowledge and plan better to prevent future downtimes and predict how long future issues. Managing the spares inventory and robust record keeping are essential.
It is therefore important that you can display competency and experience in; New product introduction (NPI), Project planning – major capital projects, Root cause analysis, continuous improvement and lean projects (Kaizen, 5S etc), cost reduction engineering, KPI and throughput monitoring, training and mentoring staff as well as COMAH legislation.
The site is running well, but the business has identified this role as a key part of the management team that will drastically improve output, quality and H&S within the site.
We are looking for future board members with this appointment and as such need an individual with extensive experience who can deliver the above but also have the potential to further develop and progress their career.
To further highlight, if you meet the below requirements please get in touch today to discuss this role in more detail.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience (2 of which in engineering management) within fmcg/ consumer goods
- Experience of 'continuous improvement systems' (Kaizen, QC circles, 5S, lean etc), and the ability to translate and implement into a low overhead small company environment
- Able to prepare concise, accurate documents with excellent attention to detail
- Able to conduct performance reviews, including personal objective setting
- Experience in preparation and presentation of data to senior stakeholders and partners
- Strong experience of technical problem solving within a complex/dynamic environment
- Commercial acumen to analyse and implement the lowest total cost solution
- Experience of managing in-house engineering activities across multidiscipline teams
- Experience of use/management of engineering maintenance system Shire / Pirana
- BSc (or equivalent) in appropriate Engineering discipline
Apply for Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly