Title Process Technologist
Location Newark - Nottinghamshire
Our Bakkavor site in Newark, which is part of our Desserts division, specialises in cream cakes and trifles and we are market leaders in both categories. To give a feel for the scale of manufacturing we produce 137 million packs of cream cakes and 24 million trifles each year. We employ 1600 people and have plans to grow this significantly over the next 3 years.
This is due to new business which will be supplied from the site from this summer.
It has never been a more exciting time to be part of a forward thinking company and a site that is delivering commercial success year on year. We are looking for amazing talent who can support the success of the site now and into the future.
We recognise our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Process Technologist to ensure the smooth transition of product concepts to launch, ensuring the technical and quality standards are achieved and maximising profitability. The incumbent will challenge current factory processes, and look for improvements, efficiencies and value engineering.
- Undertake trials in-line with the Bakkavör and Customer requirements and as instructed by Line Manager.
- Document all data from trials inc. shelf-life, organs etc, comprehensively and legibly for future review in order to establish process capabilities and support due diligence.
- Secure and submit appropriate samples as requested by Customer as well as those for analysis e.g. Microbiological, for organoleptic evaluation and for transit trials
- Plan and organise resources to achieve the day to day delivery of trials etc, in-line with Project timescales.
- Working with NPD and Operations establish appropriate quality attributes for work in progress material, assembly and finished product taking into account operational capabilities.
- Carry out ongoing Process validation of relevant factory equipment to ensure site due diligence requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate Pre-Production and Launch preparation.
- Contribute to post launch evaluation of process in conjunction with NPD to ensure process established at launch is still valid for full scale production and implement improvements as necessary
- To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and the environment
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm 37.5 hours a week.
In return you will receive salary £19,000 to £24,000 dependent upon experience plus benefits