Title Development Chef
Location Newark - Nottinghamshire
We are looking for award winning pastry / patisserie Chefs looking to progress their career in a Food Manufacturing environment.
This is a unique role working in the Development Kitchen at Bakkavor Desserts based from our site in Newark, working alongside some of the most creative minds in the Food Manufacturing industry.
Responsible for delivering new inspiring desserts and patisserie products for our customers and consumers.
Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Newark Desserts specialise in chilled desserts such as cheesecakes, fruit tarts, crumbles and trifles as well as cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns.
- To provide the business with creative development which results in the launch of new products in both current and new categories.
- Present ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to achieve creative development throughout the Business.
- Understand the wants and needs of both internal and external customers to keep us continually ahead of our competition.
- Overall awareness of retailers comparative products from all major retailers
- Self- managed to enable the delivery of projects across the Business to agreed timescales and budget.
- Constantly keeping the Business aware of world-wide food through ingredients, techniques and leading chefs.
- Benchmark current products and agree with Business improvements and upgrade
You could be working in a food manufacturing environment or equally be a dessert / patisserie Chef in a restaurant with leadership experience.
In return you will receive a salary a competitive salary depending on experience, pension, healthcare and bonus.
This role is Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm with some flexibility at key times.
Apply for Development Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly