Job Title - Baker
Salary - £16 000 Per Annum (35 hours)
Location - London
Mix and bake ingredients to produce breads, rolls, cakes, pies, pastries, or other baked goods.
- To produce a variety of bakery and confectionery goods for retail and wholesale customers.
- To check list of jobs to be done on a daily basis and to assist with planning and scheduling of tasks. • To co-operate with colleagues.
- To work to recipes and instructions provided.
- To report any shortages or contaminated raw materials.
- To produce products to the specifications provided.
- To keep the bakehouse clean and tidy at all times and to carry out designated daily and weekly cleaning tasks, ensuring that cleaning schedules are completed.
- To thoroughly clean all equipment and utensils and empty dishwasher as required.
- To check supplier deliveries following correct procedures.
- To check and record hot food temperatures following correct procedures.
- To carry out any ad hoc duties
- Providing effective management of kitchen staff reporting to this post
- Preparing, weekly staff rotas for kitchen staff
- Motivating, managing and training staff to ensure targets and standards are achieved
Health and Safety
- Ensuring the highest standard of hygiene and safety within the kitchen areas
- Implementing Eko food management system, ensuring compliance with environmental health and other legal requirements
- Promoting and participating in an alert and positive approach to Health and Safety and appropriate working methods at all-times.
- Assisting with risk assessments for the department
- Maintaining daily checklists and ensuring relevant paperwork is maintained accurately and up-to-date
• Previous experience and in depth understanding of product innovation in Bakery and Pastries
- Innovation in pastry products is Essential
- Good IT skills
- Experience in fresh tools and seasonal menu highly salted after.
- Ability to see multiple projects through completion, able to pay keen attention to detail, high standard presentation skill.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to work with minimal supervision with tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to identify customer trends and moving ideas forward is important.
Personal Attributes • Leadership • Strong time management skills • Assertive • Being Creative and progressive • Maintaining quality and hygiene • Oral and written communication • Team Player • Multitasking • Organization and Administration • Stress Management • Strong attention to Detail
Apply for Baker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly