Job Title - Chef
Salary: £20,160 Per Annum (40hours)
Location - London
Responsible for the day to day running of the food manufacturing premises. We are a London leading food manufacturer of high quality chilled and frozen ethnic and tailored food.
Manage and produce African food products in a production kitchen for retail outlet and event catering. Managing other members of the food preparation team and adhering to recipe for consistence in the taste of the food, adjusting orders to meet client requests especially for event catering. Will assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes. Chooses ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items. Creates unique dishes that inspire Customers to come back again and again to see what is new in the shops.
- To focus on value, quality, innovation and service for your customers and have a big influence over the scope and development of the menu offering in a diverse market
- Ability to produce mouth-watering choices that are healthy, seasonal, fresh, attractive, on trend and good value.
- Ability to produce and generate high quality standards products with an ending result of good sales and profitability.
- Ability to Cook the shops order according to their needs and Cook events orders.
- Ability to Employ food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same. Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces.
- Ability to Coaches the sous chef and other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best.
- Ability to Determine how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply for the shops
- Ability to Keep up with trends in cooking and the production business to ensure that customers have a positive experience
- Ability to Work quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Ability Take on extra duties, such as cleaning, ensure that the kitchen is high maintained and ready for next day use.
- Ability to Take direction and works with the Production and administrative team.
- Providing effective management of kitchen staff reporting to this post
- Preparing, weekly staff rotas for kitchen staff
- Motivating, managing and training staff to ensure targets and standards are achieved
Health and Safety
- Ensuring the highest standard of hygiene and safety within the kitchen areas
- Implementing Eko food management system, ensuring compliance with environmental health and other legal requirements
- Promoting and participating in an alert and positive approach to Health and Safety and appropriate working methods at all-times.
- Assisting with risk assessments for the department
- Maintaining daily checklists and ensuring relevant paperwork is maintained accurately and up-to-date
- Previous experience and in depth understanding of product innovation in chilled and fresh products.
- Innovation in pastry products is desirable
- Good IT skills
- Experience in fresh tools and seasonal menu highly salted after.
- Ability to see multiple projects through completion, able to pay keen attention to detail, high standard presentation skill.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to work with minimal supervision with tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to identify customer trends and moving ideas forward is important.
Personal Attributes • Leadership • Strong time management skills • Assertive • Being Creative and progressive • Maintaining quality and hygiene • Oral and written communication • Team Player • Multitasking • Organization and Administration • Stress Management • Strong attention to Detail