Senior Development Chef
Our client is a global leader across the "Food to Go" sector and with recent expansion across their Research and Development division require a Senior Development Chef to joint their business. The successful candidate will not require previous manufacturing experience but must have in depth culinary experience across authentic Indian cuisine. This a customer facing a role working with on the UK's leading retailers where you will need to present dishes to senior parties and articulate well around why and who a parituclar dish should be brought to market.
- Recipe development based on pro-active innovation & customer briefs.
- Be aware of insights from customers to enable propositions to reflect both the consumer and customer needs (inc. awareness of the innovation platforms & customer clusters).
- Be aware of the key business strategies and ensure npd activities are aligned to delivering these
- Be involved in idea generation and Innovation Day delivery.
- Be aware of target costs, promotional mechanics, quality tiering and operational efficiencies prior to developing propositions.
- Prepare product costings to target msps and understand the business implications from a commercial and manufacturing point of view.
- Prepare product samples for customers, photography, nutritionals, shelf life, handovers, pre-pro and launches.
- Maintain awareness as to the potential upgrade of existing products giving consideration to site issues re: raw materials, efficiencies and costs.
- Working in partnership with the central purchasing team ensuring all new raw materials are approved and are logged on the site raw material tracker prior to being approved by the retailer
This opportunity will offer long term career progression and engagement with Senior Management