4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An account manager is required by this market leader to co-ordinate the sale of berries to wholesalers and the foodservice sector.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide marketing advice to growers.
- Manage and develop the Wholesale Customer Panel and Food Service Clients
- Call customers to receive verbal sales update.
- Collate fruit availabilities from growers.
- Manage distribution of fruit through SOPS to meet haulage deadlines.
- Verify that customers’ prices meet expected values and input into the SOPS.
- Guide commission customers on expected future returns and set fixed price sales.
- Publish sales returns to growers daily.
- Out of hours service.
- Exploring new business opportunities with the customers detailed above.
KEY STRATEGIC RESPONSBIBILITIES
- Grower meetings.
- Internal communication of market price movements and intelligence.
- Market customer visits as required
- Development of new customers.
- Participate in execution of sales function departmental strategy.
- Support and develop new ways of working
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills
If you are good with customers and know your soft fruit, this could be for you.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly