A fast-growing food business, renowned for their top quality products, is currently looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join their business.
Based out of a multi-site facility, they supply M&S, Waitrose, Sainsbury's and a number of high end hotels in London.
Reporting to the MD, the Technical Manager is responsible for all areas relating to product and consumer safety throughout the manufacturing process.
The Technical Manager is customer facing, and will ensure that specifications and regulations are adhered to continuously.
The role will involve:
- Managing a team of food technologists and quality staff,
- Providing technical expertise in all aspects of raw materials, work in progress, finished goods and packaging.
- Monitoring the microbiological, and quantitate status and trends for all production.
- Approving raw material suppliers and sub-contractors and maintaining the Approved Suppliers List
- Co-ordinating supplier audits, and reviewing supplier performance against defined standards.
- Controlling review of non-conforming products, customer complaints and developing corrective action.
- Maintaining HACCP.
- Monitoring legislation and interface with technical control agencies, such as BRC
- Managing the internal audit system and oversee all customer audits.
- Liaising with customers on all technical issues, and maintaining the company complaints procedure.
They are looking for a current Technical Manager or ambitious experience Quality Manager that has experience in a high care food environment.
You must have experience with BRC, and internal and customer audits.
A food science degree would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company in an exciting role.
Indicative Salary Range: £35000 - 45000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.