Senior Development Technologist
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This is a new role in an expanding department for a leading global company operating in the global flavours and natural fine ingredients markets. They have significant production and development centres on all six continents and markets and sells over 52,000 products to more than 29,000 customers in over 150 countries.
The products are intended mainly for the food and beverages, flavour and fragrance extracts, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, health food, functional food, food additives and cosmetics industries.
Core areas are:
- The Flavours Activity which develops, produces and markets flavour compounds and food systems;
- The Specialty Fine Ingredients Activity, which develops, produces and markets natural flavour extracts, natural functional food ingredients, natural pharma/nutraceutical extracts, natural algae-based biotechnical products, natural food colours, natural substances for food protection, aroma compounds, essential oils, unique citrus products, natural gums and resins. The Specialty Fine Ingredients products are sold primarily to the food and beverages, flavour and fragrance, pharmaceutical/nutraceutical, cosmetics and personal care industries.
They are now looking for an experienced, creative and motivated individual to join their Creation and Application Team.
The role will be based in our development facilities in Leicestershire but the successful applicant would be expected to work out of their Northampton site on occasion.
In the role of Senior Savoury Development Technologist / Supervisor you will be responsible for developing products that are produced safely, legally and are of the quality claimed and you will oversee two part time members of staff.
Areas of responsibility:
- Formulation and development of recipes in line with customer requests.
- Creation of formulations and samples using flavours and other ingredients where required.
- Development of application samples in line with market and customer expectations, and in line with a detailed brief or from a proactive perspective. Creation of applications that are effective and innovative to demonstrate our product range to excite and interest our customers.
Applications will be proven to withstand customer manufacturing processes.
- Keep detail records of recipes and application shown to customers
- Management of the required steps from bench development through to full scale production.
- Development of products according to local legislation and Regulations.
- R&D support to customers as and when appropriate, covering the use of flavours & seasonings, recipe design, techincal advise and manufacturing.
- Sample Preparation – Prepare & submit samples in accordance with company procedures.
- Multi site working – Work with the other sites to create suitable products, Share knowledge and experience.
- Identify flavour / taste and trends and share this knowledge with colleagues to aid developments
- Organising raw material stock control – ensuring raw material used by NPD are collected and stored with accordance with procedures.
- Organise Sample packaging and lab consumables – stock control
- NPD Hygiene & Housekeeping – maintain a clean as you go approach to the department.
Education, Expertise & Experience
- The candidate is expected to have relevant qualifications in a scientific/food related area at further education level (degree or similar).
- A minimum of 5 years suitable work experience, preferably in an NPD role within the seasoning or ingredient Industry.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of commercial/industrial food production. Foundation training/qualification in Food Hygiene desirable; this can be given as part of initial induction training.
Occasional overseas travel may be required (2-4 trips per year)
Apply for Senior Development Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly