Food Scientist - Meat Specialist
7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
FOOD SCIENTIST (based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
The world’s largest sandwich chain is growing fast and needs the help of dynamic, dedicated people. Do you have what it takes? Be a part of the Subway® Group – the world’s largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service Industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our Amsterdam Office.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Food Scientist (Meat Specialist preferred) to join the Subway® Group and assume the primary responsibility of ensuring that all produce served to Subway® guests is safe, and meets the corporate brand standards for quality.
The Food Scientist will be directly involved in quality management and continual improvement of all relevant Subway ingredients and products (excluding produce).
Furthermore, the Food Scientist is an excellent communicator and will influence franchisees to participate in the Approved Suppliers Program.
Progress and challenges will be clearly communicated by him/her to all Subway® stakeholders (suppliers, purchasing, R&D, Legal, business leaders/management) to drive continual improvement and brand protection.
Knowledge and skills needed:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in meat plants, meat processing (beef, pork, chicken, charcuterie).
- Experience developing new products from inception to launch.
- Experience trouble-shooting product quality issues.
- Experience in meat product formulation.
- Experience in product specification creation & specification management.
- Knowledge of food regulation / nutritional information/ legislative schemes.
- Willingness, ability and desire to travel up to 30% of working time, throughout Europe.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Quality management, continual improvement of Subway ingredients and products (excluding produce)
- Product improvements, new product development
- Develop complete product specifications for new and existing Subway products (protein, sauce, diary, and other categories)
- Ensure specifications are in compliance with local and regional legislation for Europe
- Provide technical support for product commercialization.
- M. Sc. or B. Sc. in food science / food technology necessary, preferably in meat production or meat processing.
- Valid work/residence permit required (Netherlands/European Union)
* When applying for this position, please indicate your current remuneration package.
Apply for Food Scientist - Meat Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly