United by a love of dogs and a belief that technology can help make things better.
We’re tails.com – experts in keeping dogs happy and healthy. We do that by creating the perfect tails.com recipe for each and every dog. We are committed to making a product that can help change lives for the better. And so far, according to our customers, it’s working. That’s where you come in. Joining our team means that as well as growing your own capabilities, you will have the chance to make a visible and positive impact for both our customers and our business.
We’re looking for a driven Procurement Specialist to join our operations team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, You’ll have a track record in holding suppliers to account for quality, service and cost in a collaborative way. You’ll get a thrill from analysing data and information to negotiate great deals. You will be a part of a small and dedicated team that is responsible for the entire supply chain upstream and downstream of the fulfilment operation. We make sure our suppliers and services deliver with high quality, excellent service and appropriate cost to our operation.
- Take the lead on their own procurement projects, and support the Procurement
Manager with data analysis and insights for major contract negotiations
- Assist other members of the Supply Chain team when bringing on new suppliers
- Delivering on category management plans and working independently on their own projects
- Agreeing demands and wishes with the wider team, specifying buys and identifying prospective suppliers
- Engaging suppliers to get quotations, analysing offers and negotiating to close the deal
- Reviewing and drafting contracts
- Cross functional project management when bringing a new supplier online, ensuring systems are ready for go live, and correct quality, cost and service received before handing over “business as usual”
- Supporting other team members in material requirements planning for production items, creating purchase orders, financial reconciliation and supplier management
We are looking for a great team player who will fit in and contribute to the open and driven culture of a rapidly growing start-up. You will instinctively looks for ways to improve what we do and a strong desire to develop your skills in buying and negotiation. You’re commercially minded and able to see the bigger picture around Gross Margin to drive the best deals for the business and our customers.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You have previous exposure to operations / supply chain ideally within a SME FMCG or e-commerce business experiencing rapid growth is a big bonus
- Had responsibility for managing expenditure and budgets in previous role
- Great excel skills and comfortable analysing large data sets
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate clearly, concisely and firmly with suppliers when required, and to manage cross functional projects with internal stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to engage stakeholders internally and externally at various levels
- Have working knowledge of procurement processes with particular attention to tender process
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Competitive basic salary to suit your experience
- Generous employee share options
- 23 days’ holiday per year (increasing by 1 day annually up to 27 days)
- A fantastic entrepreneurial work environment, free daily breakfasts and great coffee
- Discounted tails.com dog food for you or a family member or friend
- Regular after-work activities and team events
- Bring your dog to work with you