Location Newark - Nottinghamshire
Contract Type Permanent - Full Time
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Senior Planner to support the Planning Manager to deliver business plan & Supply Chain Strategy. Promote consistent working across planning teams. Develop & embed planning rules with operations team. You will work very closely with operations team as a cross functional unit.
- Establish best practices across teams/ shifts
- Ensure realistic, achievable, accurate information is supplied to operations in a timely way
- Keep planning manual & training matrix updated with all current processes & procedures
- Control WIP & FG stocks to minimise OOD material
- Support the PM in delivery of department & site strategy
- Establish meeting schedule to keep ops & planning up to date with daily current reality. React to situation, elevate as necessary
- Cultivate customers contact at appropriate level to foster good working relationships with customer supply teams
- Report & analyse KPIs, discuss with team & create improvement strategy
- Manage planning team
You will ideally:
- Be working for a chilled food manufacturer
- Have excellent computer skills
- Have supervisory experience
- Be able to drive change and work under your own initiative.
You may currently be working in a Production role looking to progress into Planning or you will currently be working in a Planning role looking to continue your development.
In return you will receive a Competitive salary plus pension, healthcare and bonus plus continued development.
This is a 4 on 4 off shift 6am – 6pm