Title: Shift Engineer
Location: Newark - Nottinghamshire
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Shift Engineer to provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results in the safe and efficient production of chilled desserts.
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and repair work is carried out within all statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Provide effective engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all plant and equipment
- Build a strong working relationship with colleagues and the production team
- Ensure accurate and timely records for all work carried out, root causes of failures and spares and consumables used
- Manage contractors and issue work permits and audit their work in the absence of the senior engineer and maintenance manager
- Ensure that daily inspections on all buildings, plant and equipment security and safety devices are fully operational.
- Carry out all PPM equipment inspections on time as dictated by the PM system
- To identify areas / opportunities for both self and operational improvement, and to communicate these appropriately to the maintenance manager
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions, equipment and all special tools are readily available to all engineering staff
What you will need
A formal engineering qualification is required and you will currently be working in an FMCG environment.
Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
In return you will receive salary £30,000 – 36,000 plus pension working for a well-established food manufacturer that is market leading.
This is 4 on 4 off day shift pattern 40.25 hours per week