5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An experienced Warehouse Supervisor is required to join a successful Food company based in Kent.
- To effectively manage assigned area and direct reports.
- To ensure daily plans are met and customer orders are despatched on time and to specification.
- To comply with all Company policies and procedure, including: Health & Safety, BRC food standards and Codes of Practice.
Summary of Main Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
This is an outline job description and employees are expected to undertake other duties as directed. It is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule and is not part of the contract of employment, the company reserves the right to change job tasks, responsibilities as required to ensure compliance with legal and legislative changes and as the needs of the business change.
- To be multi-trained across all areas of the warehouse and be willing to provide cover as necessary, including production (cutting, wrapping & labelling).
- To have a good understanding of quality assurance, particularly technical (BRC food standards and Codes of Practice).
- To work efficiently and effectively as part of the Operations’ Management team.
- Communicate and liaise with Operations Manager, provide timely updates on progress, achievements and challenges.
- Lead by example in effective team working, having a positive ‘can do’ attitude, going the ‘extra mile’, overcoming challenges, treating others fairly and with respect, etc.
- Actively promote a safe, happy work environment that encourages open two way communication.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, communicate any changes, ensure this are fully and correctly understood taking immediate corrective action and reporting unresolved issues immediately to management.
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy and GMP procedures are followed.
- Check and sign weekly timesheets for allocated area and hand these to HR by the end of Monday.
- Manage staff performance and conduct, including: staff training and Personal Development Plans (PDPs); completion of tasks within Company guidelines; timely completion of staff appraisals & reviews; meeting of set targets; addressing poor performance issues immediately as these arise; taking disciplinary action within Company policies & procedures, under guidance of HR and Operations Manager.
- Manage staff absence, including: completing daily absence reports and submitting to HR & Operations Manager by noon each working day; taking disciplinary action for poor time-keeping and/or attendance within Company policies & procedures, under guidance of HR and the Operations Manager.
- Complete return to work interviews, ensuring no Warehouse Operative is permitted within the warehouse until cleared, checking with Technical as necessary. Provide completed forms to HR by noon on that day.
- Participate in all training required for role, as well as being a team member of HACCP, H&S Committee and Company CIP.
- Responsible for all quality control documentation for assigned area, ensure all necessary paperwork completed accurately and timely, complying with customer COPs.
- Participate in daily Operations’ Management meetings.
- Participate in weekly Warehouse meetings.
- Regularly review and improve processes and procedures, working towards achieving and exceeding set targets. Ensure training documents remain current.
- Provide absence cover for other Warehouse Supervisors as required, work in collaboration with other Warehouse Supervisors to ensure staff cover provided as and when needed across the Warehouse.
- Complete and email attendance register for assigned area to HR Manager and Operations Manager.
- Download and prepare orders, cross referencing against daily and weekly plan and adjust if necessary to ensure orders will be met.
- Undertake briefing meeting with staff, inform daily plans, address absence/staff cover and other issues, etc.
- Attend Operations Management Meeting (usually held at 10am)
- Ensure all stock is available and ready, notifying the Operations Manager by email of all anticipated shortages.
- Complete daily production records, prepare plan for next day and present to Operations Manager.
- Complete KPIs including bonus payments.
Apply for Warehouse Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly