NPD Manager (Bakery)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled New Product Development Project Manager to head up the NPD function within a large bakery based in Derbyshire.
My client are seeking an individual to join a small team and the appointed person shall be an established and credible leader with proven experience of product development and successful team leadership.
Scope of role:
To manage the NPD function with a focus on product development and employee development.
- Improve on the current Critical Path Process, and Set Up Folders for each project, and follow up actions with the relevant stakeholders within the business
- Manage the creation of new products from briefs supplied by the Directors and ensure all new recipes are entered into the master matrix of recipes
- Manage the administration of new recipes and amended recipes onto systems in line with project targets and timings
- Manage the NPD Costings System
- The collation and subsequent presentation of full costings of new products to Directors using information from Finance, Planning and Buying departments
- Research and source new raw materials for new projects in line with the company and BRC technical requirements, and also assist the buying department with evaluation of alternative choice raw materials for margin improvement initiatives.
- Cover the duties of the Process Technologist in their absence.
- Manage and chair the internal weekly NPD Meetings and fortnightly Directors NPD Meetings
- Manage the artwork process in relation to new product launches
- Manage the NPD Team, develop and train Technologists in line with agreed KPI’s
- Manage the Shelf Live Evaluation and Library for new products and process trial products
- Provide support in the preparation of HACCP’s
- Observe and comply with the employee’s responsibilities as stated in the company’s health and safety policy
The company offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and good benefits. These include discretionary bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information. 01233 223 712 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.