Head of Food
Are you DRIVEN, SELF-MOTIVATED and OPTIMISTIC? Do you have proven commercial management experience within the Food sector? If the answer is yes, we are looking for individuals just like you!
You will have the opportunity to work with a fantastic team and join a company that has been around for nearly 40 years! We have a real passion for what we do and proudly serve the Foodservice, Ingredients and Retail Sectors.
We are looking for a Head of Food to join our team in South East London, someone who is an experienced Chef with a creative business head to work with the senior Sales development team to develop our new business pipeline. Understanding what our customers have on their menus and where we can fit in, in terms of best fit into these specific areas:
- High Street restaurants
- Contract catering
We are looking for a truly unique individual, a foodie who is hardworking and proactive in the hunt for new business but also methodical and commercially aware. Commercial acumen is key to this role being successful by understanding our customer base, performing a gap analysis which will highlight opportunities and deliver financial results. You will keep up to date with commercial developments in the industry and concentrate on delivering a profitable new business.
Head of Food responsibilities:
Customer facing role to develop and promote the companies’ food offer into our key growing and new customers. You will;
- Work with the wider sales team to provide support to customers.
- Research, prepare and submit proposals for the companies’ food offering.
- Provide information to the Commercial Director and senior leadership team, to aid decision making in relation to food offer.
- Monitor both physical and financial performance of food offering and implement cost improvement plans where applicable.
- Attend meetings and make presentations to the wider Foodservice team.
- Project management of new products and business development.
- Identify opportunities that deliver a financial upside to the organisation.
- Ensure that the department operates to high moral and personal standards.
- Attend and relevant on site or off-site meetings as required by the business
- Liaise with other Technical team member in preparing for visits and audits
- Co-ordinate the collation and evaluation of information as necessary to enable management decisions.
In addition to the above you will also:
- Be a Senior Chef
- Be fully operational in Food Safety, Food Quality and HACCP.
- Have extensive background in the development and preparation of European style menus.
- Educated to degree level or above, with previous experience in a food-related role.
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to influence effectively at the highest level, both internally and externally.
- Be tenacious and able to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced culture.
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your successful work as our Head of Food we will offer you a Competitive salary of £50k, Car Allowance £5k, 10% Bonus as well as pension contribution and 25 days Annual Leave.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Head of Food then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!