Quality Assurance Technologist
Do you have proven experience in Quality Assurance within the Food industry? Are you looking to take on an exciting new challenge? If so, Leathams are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Here at Leathams, we’re a dedicated, hard-working bunch (over 255 at the last count), linked by a real love and passion for food and a willingness to try anything once! Innovators in food since 1980 we proudly serve the Foodservice, Ingredients and Retail Sectors.
Due to continued growth and success, we are now looking for a Quality Assurance Technologist to join the team in South Bermondsey, London.
What will I be responsible for?
The main purpose of the Quality Assurance Technologist is to ensure that suppliers’ deliveries of food products meet the agreed specification, minimising customer complaints and returns. As well as:
- Carry out quality assurance and quality control checks.
- Work with Operations Management and Technologists to improve standards in the warehouse.
- Minimise delivery issues with suppliers through daily warehouse and goods in inspections.
- Ensure company quality standards are met and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in raising standards in the warehouse through audits, training personnel as appropriate.
- Assist in customer and third-party accreditation audits
- Approximately 75% of the working time within the warehouse environment.
- Liaise with Technical Customer Service and operational team to ensure all customer complaints are investigated and closed in a timely manner.
The ideal Quality Assurance Technologist:
- Educated to degree level or above, with previous experience in a food-related role.
- Numerate, literate, with intermediate or above IT skills (Word, Excel).
- Proven experience QA production environment or similar environment.
- Fully operational in Food Safety, Food Quality Audit Compliance.
If you feel you have the passion and drive to excel as our Quality Assurance Technologist, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY now!