Head of Technical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
innocent started with a simple mission: to make drinks that make it easy to do yourself some good. In 1999 we concocted a few smoothies in our kitchen and tested them on people at a music festival; today we’re blending every type of fruit & veg under the sun and selling drinks right across Europe. We have great ambitions: to show the world that you can build a successful business that cares about more than just profit, and to leave things better than we find them. We’re proud to call ourselves Europe’s favourite little healthy drinks company, but we’re still growing. And that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition, to join in with the next, most exciting, part of our story.
what you'll be doing
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the innocent technical functions as it transforms to deliver an increasingly complex portfolio across a diverse set of suppliers. As ever, we have big ambitions, specifically to become the number 1 chilled juice brand in Europe and have the best quality product in the market at all times.
In this role you’ll have the chance to lead a team that wants to be truly industry leading in performance. This will include delivering all sorts of different innovation to the market, getting involved in establishing supply chains for coconut water, cold pressed products, and lots of other stuff that’s still a secret. At the same time supporting finding a whole bunch of new and novel ingredients that will make our drinks even more fantastic and compliant with all regulations in all regions.
You’ll be a key member of the supply leadership team working alongside the head of operations and head of network reporting directly to the Supply Chain Director.
As the Head of Technical you will ensure that:
- all innocent products comply with the innocent vision, purpose and values
- all products are safe & stable, tasty & legal for the markets they are sold in
- all ingredients comply to our strict quality and sustainability standards
- we’re compliant to all legislation for existing products and new innovation as well as keeping our marketing teams in check when it comes to getting excited on communication
- you will be accountable for ensuring the whole technical compliance of the business, our ingredients supplier and manufacturing partners. To do this, you will take on responsibility for:
- setting the vision and strategy for the technical agenda within innocent
- all food science & technology activities relating to the production, packing, and distribution of finished products
- leadership of the three technical teams ensuring our products arrive at our consumers as perfect as they possibly can be and ready to delight them every time
- managing the technical relationships with all our, ingredients, filling, blending partners
- coaching, developing & performance management of Fruit Tech, Central Tech and Technical Operations teams, with line management of 3 direct reports.
- making sure we have a thorough & current risk assessment for the entire supply chain
- accountable for delivering internal and external quality reports & trends and driving improved performance
- supporting supplier selection and on boarding for ingredients, filling, blending and packaging
a strong technical background, be an experienced line manager, and be confident in your ability to deliver step-changing structure and sourcing progress. You’ll also be a great at keeping plates spinning in a complex and fast paced environment.
Ours is a flexible and complex network so you’ll need to be able to support your team to spot a problem and it's potential solution quickly and independently. You will be working with lots of different information sources, people, and systems, so you’ll have to be highly organised and a whiz at multi-tasking. You'll be a natural at building strong relationships with the team here at Fruit Towers and our suppliers, and you’ll be someone who is confident presenting their ideas in front of others.
A really great candidate for this role will be able to show us:
- experience working in a FMCG technical environment, leading a team to support a diverse set of suppliers
- experience of validating ingredients from field to mouth from both inside and outside the EU
- the technical know-how, including HACCP, CIP & SIP and NCR handling
- a strong track record of driving innovation, delivering NPD from scale to 1st production
- experience of working in factories
- a flair for managing others
- a keen eye for detail
This would be a great opportunity for someone in a big FMCG business looking to apply his or her knowledge in a more agile environment. You’ll have bags of enthusiasm for solving problems, smashing new challenges and demonstrating excellence in innocent’s fast-paced FMCG production supply chain.
As well as the standard stuff you get for turning up for work, we have some great clubs, a free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon. Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're all about being healthy and happy here at innocent so we're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us. No agencies please.