Our Client is a highly successful International Food business supplying a quality range of private label and branded chilled, prepared products into the major UK grocery multiples. They have a new opening for a Technical Manager. As a stand-alone UK Head Office based Technical role the focus is not about managing a team but developing great Technical relationships with the UK retailers and interfacing with company’s manufacturing sites which are currently based in Europe rather than the UK. The role acts as a lynchpin between the company’s sales, marketing and supply chain departments.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in Technical Management and provides scope for an individual with creative leanings to become involved in Innovation alongside the European-based NPD teams.
The role holder must have the flexibility to incorporate visits on a fortnightly to monthly basis to Europe to accompany UK retailers and oversee pre-production runs etc. An exciting opportunity for the right candidate!
The role is NOT for someone who enjoys the cut and thrust of being on the factory floor dealing with Technical and Quality issues. It will be mainly desk based other than visits to customers and the European trips.
The successful candidate MUST have experience of:
- Creating customer specifications using UK retailer online technical systems, e.g. Hive, Evolve, MCreate
- Critical Path Management – NPD & Technical Projects
- Product submission & gate process for product launches
- Artwork management
- Major UK retailer brand standards
- Management of first production for major UK retailer product launches
- Major UK retailers policies & factory standards
- A Customer facing role
To command the top end of the salary bracket, the perfect candidate will also have the following skills, but these can be developed:
- Innovation with a creative flair and a real passion for food development
- The creation of new product development briefs
- Management of raw material updates & specifications
- Supplier sourcing
- Auditing – Technical/Ethical/Allergen/Hygiene
- Our Client has recently relocated their UK head office to Berkshire and is now looking for a forward thinking Technical Manager to lead their expansion.
- They are market leaders in several European countries with a strong brand but they also a big own-label presence in the UK
- Great opportunity to shape this new position
- Exciting new projects in the pipeline to work with UK-based third-party manufacturers
If you are an established Customer-facing Senior Technologist looking to take the next step or a Technical Manager who wants a more streamlined, office-based role without the challenges of managing a team then please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4239 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability. Applications from candidates who also have some Product Development in their background or who have a creativity and passion for Food that is ripe for developing will be particularly welcomed!