Technical Services Manager
Our Client is a dynamic, international business owning both iconic branded and own label products, is seeking a Technical Services Manager to be the guardian of their Quality Management Systems and associated management information. The successful candidate will also have responsibility for the maintenance and development of the QMS. It is vital that this individual is a talented people-manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the provision of timely, accurate and appropriate “Management Information” to key stakeholders
- Site audit standards including the hosting of customer audits (BRC, Customers, Organic, EHO etc.).
- Working closely with Multi-Disciplinary teams and cross-functionally with Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain and HR
- Manage New Supplier Approval Process and Supplier Performance Management directly and manage (where appropriate) supplier audits
- Build strong relationship with the Procurement team
- Manage the Raw Materials Intake /release team and associated processes
- Responsibility for the leadership and development of Raw Materials Officer, Systems Technical Officer and Systems TAS Officer (TAS Officers indirectly)
- Work closely with a) the Quality Managers to ensure full co-operation on QMS and GMP standards b) Product Specialist to utilise expertise where issues are highlighted with raw materials, packaging or processes
- Liaison with specific external customers and stakeholders
- Responsible for artwork approvals for Technical Dept. Involves keeping on top of legislation changes, customer requirements (COPs). Effective communication and delivery with NPD, Supply Chain and Operations is essential
- Technical Management of specific service providers
- Deputise for the Site Technical Manager as required both internally and with customers. Supporting the effective leadership of the team
Essential / Desirable Skills include:
- Food science or related degree qualified
- Significant technical management experience in a Food Manufacturing environment; driving standards and developing team members
- Food packaging knowledge and understanding
- Able to influence effectively at all levels and cross functionally, including externally
- Experience of site and statutory training
- Highly ambitious FMCG organisation with an expectation of high growth plans
- The site is embracing Lean Manufacturing / 5S methodologies so a track record / understanding of continuous improvement is important.
- Turnover in excess of £100m
- Have engaged in a rapid acquisition and organic led growth strategy
- Creating new opportunities for energetic, innovative and forward-thinking people to join their UK operating division.
This day-based role attracts a competitive salary plus bonus with 25 days’ annual holiday and contributory pension.
If you are an experienced Technical Services Manager striving for a position where you can make your mark and you have the above skills and experience then this could be the role for you. If it is of interest, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4199 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.