- Contract Type
- Full Time
The key responsibilities of the Technical Manager will be:
- Ensuring compliance to all appropriate Food Safety, Legality and Quality requirements
- Maintaining BRC Accreditation to Grade A, HACCP, Quality Management Systems and Good Manufacturing Practises
- Deliver outstanding performance against all customer product and process expectations.
- Manage and ensure all NPD is carried out in a timely manner and reflects all customer and process requirements.
- Focus on internal auditing and the development of a multi-functional cross site auditing team.
- To ensure the food safety, legality and quality of finished goods and to continually challenge and improve the system.
- To ensure effective communication with the Production functions at both sites and be the first point of contact for technical queries ensuring these are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- To manage customer audits together with the Site Operations Manager, Managing Director and/or Commercial Director
- To maintain and improve Technical KPIs in line with customer's requirements
- Ensure clarity of site hygiene standards ensuring these are met and carry out independent documented hygiene audits.
What are we looking from a Technical Manager?
- Graduate in a Food Science or related discipline or equivalent
- Previous experience in a technical management role within the food manufacturing industry.
- Experience of dealing with major food retailers and discounters
- Experience of the retailer customer's technical manufacturing standards and audit systems.
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity
We are really looking for someone great! You will have a track record of maintaining and surpassing high standards in food environments where you are expected to influence at all levels. Maintaining integrity and representing the business in the best way possible, you will be self-motivating and able to balance competing priorities whilst working in an exciting but complex and ever evolving food environment.