Senior QC - Syrup Room
Senior QC - Syrup Room
Our Company is an expanding soft drinks producer and contract bottler based in Sunderland.. We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior QC in our syrup room to join our expanding team at a time of growth for the Company.
- Ensure the processes and operations are carried out effectively and at the appropriate time, maintaining a ‘First time quality’ mind set in all operations.
- To process all syrups to specification
- To keep syrup changeovers to a minimum
- To ensure raw material and recipe documentation is accurate and current
- To operate equipment within the syrup rooms and store areas using health and safety rules at all times while maintaining targeted output with minimal interruption.
- Follow set production programmes, understanding the importance of running to plan and association between production schedule and product specifications.
- Carry out correct start up and shutdown procedures.
- Plan the day-to-day operation of your area to ensure ‘emergency situations do not arise through lack of raw materials. I.e. any ingredients such as gum solutions and sugar deliveries.
- Adhere to product specifications, use Company Quality Systems and take corrective action to safe guard product quality.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to safe working practices, recognising actual and potential hazards and taking the correct effective action to minimise accidents.
- Prioritise responsibilities to ensure housekeeping and hygiene standards are at acceptable levels; sanitising of equipment to include mixing vessels and storage tanks before other duties are carried out.
- Perform all QA checks. I.e. ATP testing, syrup and finished product testing and ensure all records and paperwork are completed legibly and accurately (e.g. handover sheets, quality records, maintenance schedules and cleaning records.)
- Carry out daily autonomous maintenance tasks for the specified area, competently and correctly.
- Follow Company procedures for the correct disposal of waste ensuring a ‘clean as you go’ philosophy is adapted to maintain syrup room housekeeping standards in line with a food manufacturing environment.
- Ensure all tools, materials and equipment are returned promptly to their correct locations in a usable condition for the next person.
- Ensure time management through the utilisation of lines being down.
- Ensure cleaning records are complete and up to date. Bins emptied, cardboard is taken out, and drums removed to outside locations.
- Perform all condition checks daily
- Perform cycle counts and BBE checks as and when requested
- Ensure all incoming ingredients are handled and moved to correct location within 24 hr period
- All items to be placed in correct location and rotation
- All items labelled with correct batch barcode label
- Maintain all housekeeping standards within ingredients storage
- Maintain high level of service to internal and external customers
- Be thoroughly professional at all times
- Support first time quality as a priority
- Previous mixing/syrup room/manufacturing experience desirable
- Basic Food Hygiene training
- Manual Handling training/awareness
- FLT licence desirable
- Knowledge of food environment and associated procedures/risks
- Sensory Training desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible attitude
- Experience of problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Team worker
- PC knowledge (excel, word and outlook skills)
- A good understanding of stock control principles
- A good understanding of warehouse and process operations
- A good understanding of quality processes and NCRs
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- A good work ethic
- Hard working
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures
Hours of work
- Three shift systems 07:00 – 15:00, 15:00 – 23:00, 23:00-07:00