Hygiene Operative - Nights
Do you want a permanent job with weekly pay?
We are currently recruiting for Hygiene Operatives to work on nights at our Manton Wood "Food to Go" Production Facility. As a Hygiene Operative you will be responsible for the maintenance of a clean and safe working environment at all times.
Pay rate is £8.16 per hour for the first 13 weeks. On completion of successful probation/training the hourly rate will increase as per the below (depending on shift pattern)
The Shift patterns available are:
- Monday to Thursday 18:30 to 05:30 - £8.75 per hour
- Sunday to Wednesday 18:30 to 05:30 - £9.39 per hour
- Thursday to Sunday 18:30 to 6:00 - £9.87 per hour
As a Hygiene Operative you will keep the production area floor clear of debris and obstacles at all times removing all waste generated by production using a brush and shovel.
You will clear up any spillages immediately using water sparingly.
You will ensure prep areas are kept clean removing all trays, buckets and wheels from production lines and taking them to pot wash.
Other duties include emptying bins and large waste containers and weighing waste.
We are running recruitment / assessment events on a weekly basis throughout the months of April and May at our Manton Wood site in Worksop. Successful candidates will be offered immediate start dates where notice periods allow.
Recruitment / assessment events are held every Wednesday morning at 9.30am and every Thursday evening at 5pm.
- Maths (Entry level 2 and above)
- English (Entry level 2 and above)
- Team player
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in a chilled and wet environment
The below are desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Safe working with chemicals (Level 1)
- Food Hygiene (Level 2)
- Health and Safety in the workplace (Level 2)
- Experience in a similar role / previous experience working with food hygiene standards and cleaning chemicals.
Greencore Manton Wood produce fresh sandwiches and wraps for leading Supermarkets in the UK. We produce over 4 million sandwiches every week and have almost 2000 employees. The site operates 7 days a week over 2 shift patterns - Days and Nights.
Greencore are a fast paced and growing business which offer plenty of opportunity for employees who want to progress their career in Food Manufacturing/ Food Production.