Production Planning Manager
This vacancy represents a brand new role with my client company, a multi site global food manufacturer.
The position sits within the supply chain team reporting into the Head of Supply Chain (UK)
General Function and Tasks
Managing the planning team.
- Execute all facets of the S&OP process to provide an optimum customer service level and working capital performance as defined by the business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a rolling sales and demand forecast and drive the entire forecasting process for the business
- Advise the commercial team of variances between existing forecasts, plans and actuals along with working with them the business to improve the forecast accuracy.
- Work on a short, medium and long terms capacity models, communicate the models out to all key stakeholders and where any capacity challenges arise work with the stakeholders to find the best business solutions.
- Work closely with planning / scheduling on weekly and day to day production plans.
- Drive the Weekly and Monthly S&OP meetings, circulate minutes and drive actions from meetings.
- Recommend and maintain optimal inventory levels at various stages in the supply chain in order to achieve customer satisfaction levels as well as mitigate inventory exposure and stock is produced in a cost effective manner to meet the business objectives.
- Develop KPI’s to measure forecast accuracy, demand planning accuracy, weekly production conformance to schedule, working capital levels vs target and capacity reviews and outlooks etc.
- Prepare information for weekly and monthly management meetings.
- Coordinate new product introduction in the supply chain setting business system planning/demand parameters and initial stocking quantities.
- Using the conformance to schedule information work with all stakeholders to look into reasons that the CTS is less than 100% and help drive actions to improve the CTS.
- Work with the business to get as many S&OP processes onto SAP along with making sure that business data is easily available to all key stakeholders.
- Covering absenteeism/holiday within the Supply Chain department
- Any ad hoc projects that are required by your head of department
Entry Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- 5 years minimum demand planning and S&OP experience within FMGC
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of ERP & MRP systems in particular SAP
- Excellent PC skills, MS Office are essential in particular excel.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and making own decisions to manage tasks
- A good team player that is flexible to help with department and company needs
Competencies for Success:
- Time management
- Customer focus
- Adaptable style