Bigham’s is one of the fastest growing premium food brands in the UK. For over 20 years we have been creating a range of delicious meals, made as you would at home. Today, we have kitchens in London and Somerset and a fantastic team of 400 people and our food is enjoyed by millions of people across the UK every week.
Food is at the heart of everything that we do and it all starts with our wonderful suppliers and the quality of the ingredients delivered fresh to our kitchens every day, and that’s where our procurement team really shine!
Reporting to the Head of Procurement the successful Buyer will be responsible for developing partnerships, internally and externally, to ensure the best quality and availability of ingredients for our kitchens.
Buyer responsibilities include:
- Managing the procurement of a group of product categories across both of our kitchens including measuring and reporting on supplier performance
- Build and manage category plans, working together on innovation and sustainability
- Working with the wider Bigham’s team to manage any changes in materials, prices changes, delivery lead times and individual supply issues
- Own projects in order to improve ingredient supply and purchasing activity, in particular supporting the growth of the procurement function with the business.
- Maintain up to date supplier details, pricing information, contracts and supply base contacts, ensuring they are accessible to internal customers and changes are notified.
The successful Buyer / Category Buyer will have a passion for food, delivering quality and value with the ability to create strong relationships and working partnerships with suppliers. You will be used to working at a pace and with a high level of autonomy in relation to decision making within a food manufacturing environment.
You will have buying experience in both ingredients and packaging, strong negotiation skills and advanced Excel skills including the creation and use of macros. CIPS qualification would be desirable. Please note travel between our kitchens and to suppliers will be required for this role.
All direct and third party applications will be directed to Scantec Personnel Limited.