The role of Technical Manager is to drive the business forward with food safety and quality standards. Provide Technical expertise in all aspects of the process in the factory and to support other departments and H&S in the factory. This role reports to the Managing Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Authority on HACCP system and maintaining it
- Strong knowledge of Retailer/BRC requirements
- Good level of experience with chilled produce.
- Implemented and maintained strong systems
- Ensure the site is “audit ready” at all times
- Drive quality culture on the site through strong management
- Ensure the site is Technically led
- Point of contact for Trading Standards, EHO, EA and all customers with quality queries
- Responsible for all areas relating to consumer safety throughout the process
- Approve suppliers and sub-contractors and maintain the Approved Suppliers List
- Control the review process of non-conformances, complaints and developing corrective action plans
- Manage internal audit systems and prepare, manage and lead all customer audits.
- Maintain a customer complaint procedure
- Ensure all members of staff are trained to the relevant level in order to maintain the AA BRC status and comply with all customer requirements.
- Support hygiene team and ensure standards are maintained
- Microbial analysis and trending of sample results
Skills and Experience
- Good quality/technical management experience from food manufacturing environment
- Excellent working knowledge of implementing procedures to improve and retain HACCP and BRC quality standards
- HACCP Level 4 desirable, Level 3 required
- IOSH desirable
- NEBOSH desirable
- COSHH experience
- Good understanding of food safety and quality standards and legislation
- Excellent communication and effective team management skills
- Excellent written skills, organisational and document control
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a passion for quality foods
- Experience with fresh produce desired
- Problem solving