My client is a leading supplier of specialist fresh produce to wholesalers and Michelin star restaurants. They are currently looking to recruit a Production Supervisor.
In this role you will be supervising a team of approx. 20 staff with the day to day responsibilities of running a busy chilled pack room, ensuring customers' orders and holding stock are produced on time, safely and to the correct standard of quality.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and manage the daily performance of the pack room to ensure all efficiencies are being achieved.
- Responsible for working practice of pack room
- Responsible for overall stock counts on goods out of pack room
- Overseeing and reporting any shortages
- Drive production to fulfil orders and stock up in the most cost-effective way whilst meeting specifications and maintaining H&S requirements on a daily basis.
- Manage staff on a daily basis. Keeping track record of their targets and being proactive with feedback.
The essential skills and experience:
- Experience within a supervisory team within the fresh produce industry.
- Ability to motivate their team and push for perfection.
- Attention to detail as far as standards, quality and procedures are concerned.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Experience in a high volume, fast moving environment supplying customers on short lead time.
- A basic understanding/knowledge of industry standards and accreditations such as BRC etc.
Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm.
The shift will include occasional weekend work in the future.
Indicative Salary Range: £22000 - 25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.