Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant
Location Newark - Nottinghamshire
Contract Type Permanent - Full Time
Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark specialise in chilled desserts specifically trifles, egg custards, cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns.
This is a very busy role and requires someone who can work at pace and consistently meet deadlines. You will be given the support, training and guidance to develop in the role; however you will be able to take direction, use your initiative and have the confidence to ask relevant questions in order to achieve results. We will actively look to develop you and once you have proven yourself, you will have the opportunity to shape your role and get involved in different areas.
Your role will be broad in scope, covering Financial, Management Accounting and Internal Audit. Furthermore, you will also have the opportunity to get involved in ad-hoc analysis work, as required by the business
Your responsibilities will include:
- Weekly Reporting – Ensuring control over and accurate reporting of site overheads on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Month End – Assisting with managing the month end and balance sheet process. Ensuring the process is robust and efficient, and that balance sheet accounts are understood and balances are justified, including: ensuring all relevant team members have completed their respective sections/ reconciliations, lead schedules are complete and reconcile to the TB and Group accounts.
- Monthly Consolidation – Assisting with the monthly consolidation process and submission of reports to Group in line with reporting deadlines.
- Rolling Forecast – Co-ordinating the generation of the overhead, cash and balance sheet elements of the rolling forecast, and challenging as appropriate.
- Inter-company - ensuring all inter-co balances are formally agreed with corresponding parties and correctly accounted for with adequate documentation retained within the month-end files.
- Performance Reporting – Assisting in managing the periodic reporting process, ensuring that the information generated is used to challenge performance and drive action. To generate ad-hoc information (normally overheads, cash or balance sheet related) to support the analysis of business performance.
- Control Environment – Constantly challenging and improving the financial control environment (e.g. Asset verification, PO authority limits, CEP’s), and streamlining processes within the department.
- Working Capital – Reviewing and understand cash performance, and forecasting short-term cash requirements. Influencing the key drivers of working capital and managing creditor payments in order to achieve overall cash targets.
- Acting as a point of contact between the Divisional Finance team and the Group Finance function.
- National Statistics, VAT and Intrastat – Owning and managing returns ensuring these are completed and submitted in accordance with strict deadlines.
- Group Requirements – To co-ordinate and communicate with group functions (e.g. internal audit, tax department) and external parties (e.g. external audit) as required. Ensure that reporting and control systems are reviewed and modified to comply with group standards.
- IS and Business Processes – To review the financial systems (ERP, Fixed Assets, COGNOS etc.) to ensure they are operating and are being used efficiently and effectively, and that the integrity of the information held within them is maintained.
- People Management – To recruit, lead and motivate direct reports to achieve agreed service levels, to develop and continually improve and to live the Bakkavor values.
What you will need
Fully qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA, or CIMA. FMCG or other relevant industry experience is desirable in order to understand the business needs.
Additionally, you will be:
- Confident and have strong communication skills
- The ability to deal with and influence colleagues across all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to be a future leader of the finance function
- A hard-working ethos
- A calm nature, able to handle pressure and to deal with a high volume of tasks
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to accelerate their Finance career. We offer a competitive rewards and benefits package including pension, healthcare, lifecover, childcare vouchers and bonus, along with the chance to shine in a fast moving and growing company.
Hours of work Monday to Friday 37.5 hours 8:30am – 5:00pm