Position: Shift Manager
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Shift: 3 Shifts
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for an Shift Manager to join our team. Do you find yourself well in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Improving Health, Safety and Environmental practices, using our behavioural safety programme ‘Dupont Safestart’ and ensuring teams operate within our ‘safe and environmentally friendly systems of work’. Driving root cause corrective actions for all identified risks and ensuring close out.
- Working with the quality department to ensure all required quality and food safety standards are met and all appropriate quality documentation is completed in full.
- Delighting our customers through actively improving product quality and GMP standards by surpassing all external and internal audits.
- Ensure professional people management in line with our HPO standards and Performance Management processes, to contribute to high levels of employee engagement.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and process control sheets in compliance with Quality Management Systems, ensuring comprehensive training is provided to all individuals within the Operations Team.
- Promotion and delivery of world class manufacturing practices using our internal continuous improvement ‘Journey To Excellence’ toolkit, using ‘5s’ and TPM fundamentals. Coaching and mentoring to ensure consistency across all individual teams.
- Manage relevant key performance indicators reducing operational costs and losses to maintain and surpass production targets.
- Improve warehouse operations and policies, to manage inventory and optimise space.
- GCSE education level as minimum
- Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, with evidence of steady progression through increasingly responsible roles.
- Ability to analyse and present accurate statistical data to a broad range of individuals
- Team player, who can challenge and inspire their team to drive towards manufacturing excellence
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement processes, (Lean, Six Sigma or TPM).
- Ability to demonstrate effective organisational skills - a must in this fast-paced manufacturing facility, as are sound written and verbal communication skills
- Capability of quick decision-making, with the confidence and drive to make a positive difference to work environment
- Good computer literacy skills, able to utilize Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard
- NEBOSH/IOSH Certified
- ILM / CMI Certified
- Engineering background or experienced in coaching Operator Led Maintenance
- SAP Experience
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.