Area Sales Representative
My Client - an expanding food manufacturing company - has a fantastic opportunity for an Area Sales Representative to cover their SW England (M5 Motorway) territory.
- Develop new and innovative ways of selling the company’s products.
- Maintain loyalty from existing customers through regular visits, and the introduction of forthcoming product development.
- Call on potential customers to introduce the company, leave sample products and information with the aim to establish new accounts.
- Maintain regular contact with the Group Sales Director so as to strengthen lines of communication.
- Attend Trade exhibitions.
- Liaise with the Sales Office regarding customer queries on documentation, stocks, delivery and service.
- Be aware of the company’s terms of trading, and ensure that all customers are also aware, and that they keep to these same terms.
- Review own sales performance and developing yourself to achieve aims and objectives of the company and participate in annual Performance Appraisals and reach agreed KPIs.
- Anticipate potential opportunities by researching the relevant markets, competitors, locating potential events and marketing opportunities
- Ensure that all customer records are up-to-date and contain full information on names and positions of all contacts
- Ensure a cycle-of-calling plan is in existence for the area, and is being worked in a systematic manner, with regular reviews
- Report clearly and speedily on day-to-day activities, changing business trends, customer complaints, satisfaction, and competitors activities, in accordance with directions issued from time to time by the Sales Manager, and on the appropriate forms supplied for the purposes.
- Collection and banking of cheques and cash in accordance with company terms of business.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the post.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to present and sell food products to the retail industry
- Basic understanding of the food industry
- Knowledge of independent retail customers
- Knowledge of food industry trends
- Ability to develop an in-depth knowledge of our products and markets
- Creative thinker - enjoy bringing new ideas to the table.
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Good organisational, self-motivation, prioritising and time management skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Good Influencing (and negotiating) skills
The company is happy to consider funding any relevant training courses, which will allow you to develop both professionally and personally. As the business continues to develop, the potential of further opportunities with the company will increase.
Looking forward to hear from you!
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.