Data Analyst - 1 year contract
Do you have a strong grounding in mathematics or data analysis? We’re looking for someone who will be split between an office role, helping analyse data gathered in the field, but also spend a fair amount of time at this companies farms across the UK, assisting data gathering for key forecasting projects
The successful candidate will bring an eye for detail along with a passion for solving problems with people through the application of data analysis and scientific methods.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Data gathering
- Data validation
- Farm and end-user liaison
- Working with end users to improve model interfaces
- Utilising data analytics skills to improve forecasting abilities
- Working with Forecasting team across various projects
- Carrying out trials to test efficacy of forecasting models
- Data gathering and validation
- Interfacing with external developers
- Identifying and closing gaps in data sets
- Requirements gathering
- Training people to use bespoke data interfaces and models
- Documentation and communication
- Positive, outgoing & friendly personality
- Excellent communicator – verbal and written
- Good track record in overcoming intellectual challenges
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Logical, numerical & systematic
- Ability to interact with any level of staff with confidence & clarity
- Full, clean driving licence
- Ability to work alone, on own initiative or as part of a team as required
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, planning time & priorities
- Strong mathematics background (statistics related)
- Familiar with databases and data manipulation (SQL Server ideally)
- Advanced Excel (Power Pivot, Power Query etc.)
This is initially a one year contract that may develop into something beyond this.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.