My client has been leading the ethnic food sector for over 25 years and are the UK’s first food manufacturer to have achieved and maintained Global BRC Higher Level Certification within their sector. No other manufacturer comes close to the volume being produced. Their products are currently served as components to the ready meal sector and are available at all leading retailers.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure factory and documentation meets BRC standard.
- Ensure that BRC/third party accreditation is maintained at highest level.
- Ensuring the food safety, hygiene, quality and legal compliance of food manufacturing are met.
- Ensure health and safety policies and procedures are up to date.
- Managed, direct, train and review the needs of the quality assurance.
- To monitor, review and improve quality standards of products, processes and procedures across the site and to ensure that the highest standard of cleanliness are met.
- Support and implement HACCP control.
- Ensure factory hygiene is maintained, consistent with statutory and customer requirements, in conjunction with factory management.
- Ability to response when problems arise.
- Technical interface and communication with customers.
- Able to conduct health and safety audits.
- Ensure the compliance to the health and safety legislation and the internal procedures are implemented completely.
- Able to handle monthly management meeting.
- Ensure good knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, procedures and rules.
- Head of HACCP.
Skills & Experience
- Have been a technical supervisor at medium/large food manufacturer in dealing with Higher BRC Certificate. • Have experience in high/low risk foods to UK retail. • Have good knowledge of BRC Accreditation Version 7. • Have good knowledge of HACCP Qualifications • Bsc Food Science/HND. • Hold Advanced HACCP Cert. • Hold Advanced Food Hygiene Cert. Other factors • Have good knowledge of computers, competent in word and excel. • Must be able to devise strategic solutions and implement improvements to procedures against BRC and HACCP requirements to ensure all technical & quality standards are consistently met. • Maintain and develop existing relations providing a premier service to all customers. • Enviable communication skills and excellent people management abilities along with the confidence to challenge and lead the business to new level of success.
Apply for QA Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly