Trainee Business Development Executive
JOB VACANCY – Trainee Business Development Executive
Salary: £ Competitive + Benefits
Established in 1985, we are a leading innovator and supplier of a wide range of detectable products, materials and associated equipment for the food and pharmaceutical industries. We specialise in metal detectable, x-ray visible, shatter resistant and antibacterial food safe products to help in the fight against foreign body contamination.
Many of our best selling products are of our own design and are produced locally using our own injection moulds / tools. We also distribute detectable products on behalf of other companies that are specialists in specific areas, such as PPE, safety knives and food grade lubrication to offer a ‘one stop shop’ for all our customer needs.
Our core strength is our unrivalled commitment to high product quality and great customer service. As the original developers of detectable products and materials we value these qualities and as such we undertake huge research and testing with every new product development to ensure that it is fit for purpose. As a small and family owned company, we pride ourselves on honesty, sustainability and excellence in everything we do.
As part of our strategic growth development programme we are looking to employ a trainee field sales person to provide a consultative and supportive sales service to our southern region UK customers. Once fully trained as a Business Development Executive you will be selling a wide range of food safe detectable products mainly to the Food Industry but also potentially to the Pharmaceutical Industry. The purpose of the role is to introduce new customers to an already established customer base and to develop customer relationships utilising the company’s field sales best practice and demonstrating our company values. The position will be based at our Doncaster offices however following training it is expected that 3 days out of the 5 day working week will be spent on the road servicing the needs of our customers in the south of the UK. There is also potential for occasional travel overseas.
The position provides an excellent opportunity for a confident, dedicated, commercially aware individual looking to advance their sales career in an exciting, fast growing and supportive organisation.
- To build and manage UK Southern customer accounts with a view to maximising sales against set targets.
- To carry out telephone prospecting, identify decision makers and effectively journey plan customer site visits.
- To provide quality customer service through a consultative approach.
- To work closely and effectively with the BDM and the HQ team based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
- To identify new product opportunities and keep up to date on new developments to share with and support customers.
- To demonstrate and present company products and services in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- To prepare activity and sales reports as required by the company.
- To log customer information accurately and efficiently on the company CRM system.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence and ability to self-manage in order to open doors, win new business and keep competition at bay. They will do this by building strong relationships with customers and providing a quality customer service. In return we will provide the support, guidance and opportunity to grow in a rewarding environment. The candidate will be required to demonstrate the following skills and competencies for the role:
- Sales experience in a direct Business to Business environment
- Preferably hold a degree level qualification in a relevant subject
- Excellent customer service and consultative selling skills
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills
- Strong commercial awareness and sound decision making
- Ability to work effectively on your own as well as part of a team
- Hold a current, clean UK driving licence
- Some experience of working in the Food Industry would be an advantage but is not essential.