Group HR Manager
New vacancy for a skilled HR Manager to join a business unit which is part of a much larger group, as a result of internal promotion - this role is responsible for multiple manufacturing sites.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employment Law compliance
- Policy and procedural compliance
- Recruitment from Operative to Senior Manager level
- Management of the embedded payroll function, overseeing sign off for monthly payment submissions. Liaising with Group to ensure all year end requirements are met.
- Management of disciplinary and grievances to ensure a fair and consistent approach
- Management of absence – including welfare and occupational visits
- Management of agency labour requirements, including bi – annual re tenders and regular auditing
- Performance management and supporting succession planning
- Maintain the company Organogram
- Mentor and train members of the department
- Attend regular and ad-hoc management meetings, interface with colleagues and work on problem-solving initiatives
- Management of welfare facilities including canteen facilities
- Control of Sedex
- Working with Technical/Commercial of Customer requirements/Supplier Approval processes
- Fleet management working with the FD/Accounts Team to ensure all relevant information is reported for tax purposes and insurance cover
- Preparation of monthly KPI reporting for Board meetings
- Budget control within the functions responsible
- To personally ensure that all aspects of Due Diligence (Food Safety, Quality and Legislation) are adhered to.
- To personally take the appropriate and reasonable action in the event of witnessing a breach (or potential breach) of Food Safety, Quality or Legislation.
- Shared responsibility with HoH to attend H&S Committee meetings or on occasions where this is not possible ensure the department is represented during the meeting. Ensure issues reported by department employees and agency workers are raised at H&S Committee meetings and any actions required are communicated and implemented within agreed timeframes.
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of both employment and health and safety law
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to strategically / logically manage the HR and Health and Safety function
- Strong and effective man management skills
- Systematic problem solver
- Determined and assertive
- To be a team player capable of making/influencing decisions.
- Able to work flexible working hours to suit demands
- To be highly detail orientated
- Ability to challenge, develop strategy and lead change
- Good decision maker, in potential crisis situations.
- CIPD Qualified