Buyer (Traded Goods)
As a result of new business we are looking to hire a Traded Goods Buyer, to be based at our site in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.Package description
- Identify opportunities to maximise returns & take advantage of short term offers, activating with pace
- Formulate and implement a sourcing strategy to ensure that current business performance targets are achieved and that overall Divisional strategies are supported
- Provide data and insight to support all sourcing activity for the category, to ensure that the total cost (PPV) of the portfolio is managed efficiently and effectively
- Timely adherence to purchasing and sourcing policy and practice to ensure that activities are aligned and focused on common goals
- Establish and monitor information sources/data and forecast prices, to ensure accurate business forecasting and support of commercial teams
- Work closely with Commercial and Marketing teams on projects, including promotional planning and WIGIG management
- Degree calibre with excellent numerical skills
- Adaptable and agile, able to drive rapid decision-making
- Experience of buying from several different suppliers
- Chilled food purchasing experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Experience in managing projects in a fast paced environment
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.