Job Title: Process Manager
Reporting to: Production Manager
Big Bear Confectionery are Confectionery manufacturers, having 4 sites in the UK and 2 in the Czech Republic and produce a wide range of well known branded products such as, Paynes Poppets, Just Brazils, Glacier Mints, Glacier Fruits and XXX Mints, along with a wide range of Retail Private label products.
Our customer base is broad and covers most of the well known multiple retailers as well as wholesale and discount channels.
Big Bear is also part of the Valeo Foods Group, one of the fastest growing consumer foods producers, with a portfolio of category leading brands, many of them iconic household names. Valeo Foods have manufacturing sites across Ireland, the UK and Continental Europe, and also have an impressive portfolio of well known brands, including Rowse Honey, Jacobs, Batchelors and Balconi to name but a few.
We have an opportunity in a newly created role for a Process Manager at the Blackburn site. The details of the role are as follows:
- Responsible for Health and Safety and ensuring all compliance and regulatory requirements are embedded within manufacturing processes
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities within the manufacturing process including start up/shut down, resource scheduling, supply review, RFTQ, plan attainment, OTIF, OEE management, equipment selection and reporting daily, monthly, Group KPIs
- Ensure cost effectiveness including budget adherence and positive variances
- Manage HR related requirements of the department
- Identify opportunities to improve KPI performances
- Execute and lead improvement initiatives
- Working knowledge and demonstrable experience of HACCP, GMP, KPI reporting, continuous improvement techniques
- Have or be working towards knowledge of HSE legislation and requirements
- Experience of FMCG operations
- Effective planning, organisational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to self-manage and be proactive
The role offers competitive holidays, Pension Scheme, Death in Service benefit, on site parking, near to amenities and within easy access of the motorway.
Apply enclosing an up to date CV and with salary expectations.