Quality Assurance Auditor
4 Ingredients. 2 Sisters. 1 Amazing Opportunity.
Role: Quality Assurance Auditor (Nights - 4 on - 4 off – 6pm to 6am)
Location: Solway Foods Worksop, Nottinghamshire
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge - and the desire to lead the food industry. We should know. In just 20 years, the 2 Sisters Food Group has grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a QA Auditor to join our successful award winning Solway Foods in Worksop. This site produces around 90 million sandwiches, wraps and rolls a year for our key customer Tesco.
This opportunity will offer you the chance to build upon your skills within a fast paced state of the art food production facility. It will allow you to play an integral part in the continued develop of the site. As a QA Auditor you will have the ability to ‘think on your feet’ and will relish the challenge of working in this non-stop environment. You will be influential in ensuring that internal quality systems and customer codes of practice are maintained and adhered to. You will provide support and guidance to the line checkers and help improve on current manufacturing practices. Your duties will include;
- Ensuring micro sampling plans are maintained, collected and tested and any adverse results are investigated and closed out
- Ensuring product quality is monitored, trends Identified and actions plans generated
- Ensuring audits are conducted to schedule (internal audit / Customer Codes of Practice, HACCP / CCP, Hygiene Fabrication, Glass, plastic etc.)
- Conducting traceability exercises to schedule
- Coordinating taste panels
- Ensuring the calibration schedule is maintained
- Preparing for product launches and implementing a smooth transition from process to production
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with self-motivation and desire to make this role your own. You will be…
- Excellent working knowledge & experience or quality systems within food production
- Knowledge of quality systems and Codes of Practice compliance
- Experienced in Good Manufacturing Practice, HACCP and Quality
- Proactive in problem solving, identifying better ways of manufacturing.
- Supporting Line QC / checkers
- Ability to reduce customer complaints and non-conformance.
- Good understanding of auditing
- Computer literate – Excel, Word etc.
We will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and genuine career progression opportunities.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level with one of the UK’s largest food manufacturers, in a challenging and rewarding environment then click apply below.