Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
4 ingredients 2 sisters 1 amazing opportunity
Role: Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Willand, Devon
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary + Benefits
Shifts: 4 on 4 off (days and nights)
Do you have the Essential Ingredients?
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
2 Sisters Food Group are one of British business' most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 23,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - from pizza to pies, from poultry to puddings, from ready meals to ranges of soup.
At the heart of this, our UK Poultry division produces a third of all poultry eaten in the UK and represents more than half of 2 Sisters’ business by sales. The division employs over 7,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
The Willand factory is located in mid-Devon and was first established in 1898 as an egg packing plant before expanding into the meat trade. Small scale chicken processing started in 1958 which expanded over the next 50 years with the site pioneering the production of poultry for the retail market. The poultry division at Willand was acquired by 2 Sisters Food Group in January 2008 and by 2013 over 1m birds were being processed here.
About the Role
Our production sites are the core to our business and not only do they keep our business running, but they feed the UK every day. Maintenance Engineers help to keep this key site running and work with some of our impressive equipment. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Carry out plant checks and readings on essential equipment.
- Work efficiently to ensure all electrical/mechanical engineering work is completed in a safe manner.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production lines to identify and implement improvements.
- Carry out machine inspections, conduct relevant repairs or improvements and carry our preventative maintenance on equipment.
You will be an experienced Mechanical/Multi-Skilled Engineer with a passion for improvement and development and will also:
- Be a fully qualified/time served Mechanical Engineer
- Have experience in a manufacturing / production / military environment
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with production
- Be IT literate
If you are ready to take your career to the next level with the UK’s largest food manufacturer in a challenging and rewarding environment then APPLY TODAY below. We can’t wait to hear from you!