Microbiology Laboratory Technician
- Is it your ambition to work in a laboratory?
- Do you have A level’s or a degree in science?
- Are you fascinated by food manufacturing?
If so, we’d love to hear from you as our client is recruiting a Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join their food manufacturing business based in Wiltshire.
Working in a laboratory for a food manufacturer with sites across Europe, you will work as part of a team to ensure that all samples are processed, analysed and reported back to the business to the highest of standards and in line with all polices, procedures and accreditations.
Key responsibilities for Microbiology Laboratory Technician:
- Carry out testing on raw materials, finished products and ingredients, as well as carry out testing on water and environmental samples in line with relevant methods and procedures.
- Calibration of laboratory equipment against set parameters.
- Ensure all documents and information is logged accurately and in a timely manner.
- Operate automated testing equipment.
- Communicate with other departments.
Key skills for Microbiology Laboratory Technician:
- A minimum of BTEC or A ‘levels in Science related subject.
- Experience in a laboratory is not essential but is preferred, in house training will be given.
- Great attention to detail is vital.
- Own transport is essential.
- Self-motivated, be able to work as part of a team as well as individually is essential.
This site is in a remote location, so you will need your own transport. You will also need to work 1 weekend in 3 on a rota (Saturday and Sunday 8am – 12pm) with a day off in lieu.
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Job Reference: JR11379
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful, but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect.
Apply for Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly