4 Ingredients. 2 Sisters. 1 Amazing Opportunity.
Role: Commercial Manager (Sainsbury’s)
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge - and the desire to lead the food industry.
In just 20 years, the 2 Sisters Food Group has grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups.
And we’re built on people like you: an experienced Commercial Manager who has what it takes to make an impact in the UK Poultry division, which produces a fabulous range of chicken products.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Commercial Manager to join us. You will be responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of the UK Poultry Strategy.
As Commercial Manager You will drive and lead the Sainsbury’s business to deliver the strategic objectives of maximizing volume and profit for current and new business opportunities in line with a 3 to 5 year business growth plan
Your key day to day responsibilities and focus will include (but not limited to);
- To deliver profitable growth in NSV, at the agreed levels, by developing sustainable customer relationships
- To maintain profitable product mix in accordance with divisional measures
- To identify and report on business opportunities in target markets
- To increase market share in existing markets and maximise new business development opportunities
- Working in the day to day activity including future trend forecasting and the assessment of current business performance and successes
- To manage the day to day running of the account and communicating any supply issues to the customer
- To develop and implement creative and profitable promotional activity plans to increase sales within budget
- To list new products and lead the development of new initiatives through close interaction with the account categories
- To ensure the forecast is up to date and tracking in line with the agreed budget with plans in place to close the gap/push to stretch target to the year end
- Work closely with other departments e.g. Sales, Marketing, Operations, Technical and NPD
- To develop a commercial strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets for the business for relevant categories
- To develop and continuously improve partnerships with key customer personnel
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with self-motivation and desire to make this role your own.
You will be a proven Commercial Manager who has excellent Business, Customer, Market and Category Insight. You will have successfully operated across FMCG, blue chip and major customer facing roles. You be experienced in maintaining current customer relations whilst developing and executing new business opportunities. You will be analytical in your approach, with strong forecasting and budget setting skills.
Knowledge and key skills (Desirable not essential)
- Ideally Agricultural Marketing, Food or Business qualification – educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working within a food sales environment
- Good understanding of business finance
- Good understanding of category management
- Good understanding of FMCG sales channels
- GSOP & competition law trained
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong communication skills
- Confident in making presentations and producing written reports
- Quality focused and commercially minded
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Works on own initiative, is flexible, positive and confident
- Good IT skills – Word, Excel, Power Point and Access database.
- Numerical and focused on detail
Click below to apply for this amazing opportunity - we're waiting to hear from you