This trading role is working on the soft fruit and cherry account of this fresh produce marketing organisation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Strategic planning on 1- 3 year time horizon
- Negotiation of Weekly/Yearly programme volumes and financial returns.
- Responsible for overseeing day to day trading process
- Supporting the development of the trading team skillset & expertise
- Conduct seasonal reviews, category management sessions and planning for future year
- Work closely with technical & development teams on product knowledge and NPD
- Management of pre-season offers/programmes providing estimated availabilities.
- Provide market updates and negotiating weekly or short/medium term fixed price programmes
- Prepare and conduct regular reviews of service levels, market share and quality performance.
- General management of UK growers providing general order and packaging direction.
- Provide actual/estimated sales and attend the daily internal meeting to provide a current trading position i.e. supply v demand.
- Liaison with the customer buyer daily on forecasts and any category issues, apply amendments to customer orders across category.
- Promotional and demand planning with category team.
- Development of Assistant Trading Manager
- Deputise for Sales Manager and other ad hoc duties as required.
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
- Previous experience in a trading capacity with similar products.
Superb opportunity for a fresh produce specialist.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.