Category Manager — Maternity Cover
Location: Birmingham City Centre
Duration: 12 Months
Salary: Competitive + Car + Benefits
Do you have the four ingredients of success?
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on a challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
2 Sisters Food Group is the UK's largest food manufacturing business and one of Britain's most compelling business success stories of the past 20 years. A £3.5 billion turnover business, employing over 23,000 people who all work together to produce some of the finest food in Britain - from pizza to pies, from poultry to puddings, from ready meals to ranges of soup.
At the heart of this is our UK Poultry division, producing a third of all poultry eaten in the UK and representing more than half of 2 Sisters' business by sales. We are committed to delivering the highest quality primary and value-added products to our retail customers including Aldi, Asda, Co-op, Lidl, Marks & Spencer, Morrison's, Sainsbury's, Tesco.
An initial maternity cover contract is now available for an experienced Category Manager to join our UK Poultry business, which is the largest division within the group and responsible for nearly a 3rd of 2SFG's revenue.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role within the category management function at 2SFG, as well as fully immersing themselves within the Commercial, Insight and NPD functions to ensure our consumer is always at the heart of our decision making. You will be our customer expert creating and driving actionable consumer and category insights to deliver commercial solutions.
The successful post holder will need to develop robust customer relationships and act as a key influencer both internally and externally. Alongside the Head of Category Management, you will work closely with the 2sfg commercial teams and your dedicated food retailer. You will be instrumental in the development of your customers strategy and develop strong category relationships through strategic reviews of major trends and opportunities.
- Ideally you will be from an FMCG or retail background with a passion for food
- Experience of working as a Category Manager servicing a UK retailer (food industry is desirable although not essential)
- Understanding and skill in Nielsen, Kantar Powerview and Scantrak systems
- Ability to interpret data and create insights and recommendations
- Good presentation skills
- Can demonstrate creative flare
- Desire for constant improvement in category and customer marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are individually excellent, collectively brilliant
This is an exciting role that will attract a lot of attention, so don't hesitate apply today to avoid disappointment..............................
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly