Team Manager - Desserts - Maternity Cover
Here at Hain Daniels, we are currently recruiting for a Team Manager to the Production Team at our site in Histon, Cambridge. The successful candidate will ensure that products are manufactured by your team to required quality and cost as per the production plan. Staff development is a priority to ensure succession where required, well trained, well motivated staff are developed and retained. You will be the Champion of H&S, Quality and Delivery. You will be responsible to review areas and make/implement suggestions as to how departmental performance can be improved to deliver higher quality and reduced costs.
- Ensure that the appropriate numbers of trained staff are available to deliver the production plan.
- Manage performance by objective setting, and review using the Hain Daniels Joint agreement process and development training as required
- Actively manage any issues which occur in your team area taking full responsibility and accountability of your action to ensure availability of materials, operators and functioning assets to deliver the required production demand
- Ensure that changes to demand / product or ingredients within the programme are implemented and co-ordinated effectively with effective feedback to materials supplies and to customer departments.
- Work closely with the relevant Engineering Coordinator to ensure asset maintenance and breakdowns are effectively dealt with in an acceptable timescale
- Lead / Implement continuous improvement activities within departments
- Drive and support behavioural safety within shift teams
- Lead 5s optimisation process with dept
What you will need for the role / what it will take
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years experience in a supervisory / management role in the food industry. It is essential that you have managed teams in a complex food manufacturing environment. You must have experience of working with unions.
About Us / what we do:
At our Histon site, our largest single site within the Group, we manufacture ambient sweet spreads and jellies for a host of our grocery brands, including: Hartley's; Gales Honey; and marmalades under our Robertson's, Frank Coopers, Keiller and Rose's brands. We also produce private label products here.
The Hartley’s Jam heritage dates back to 1871, and today we are still Britain’s best loved jam selling enough each year to spread over 500 million pieces of toast. We offer you smooth jams, some ‘with bits’; convenient ‘squeezy’ packs; and our ‘Hartley’s Best’; which is packed with more fruit in an award winning jar.
And we know a thing or 2 about Jelly too. It is the fastest growing market in the UK Ambient Desserts category, and Hartley’s holds pole position. Our jelly tablet capability is unique to our Hartley’s brand. Our innovative ready-to-eat pots offer a quick and convenient snack, and are driving the category forward. Inherently low in fat, we also make sugar-free jellies in both convenient, individual pots, and ‘To-Make’ jellies; 10 Cal pot jellies; and pots with fruit suspended in jelly.
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. we offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.