Job Title: Production Manager
Package: £43,000 to £48,000
The Company: We are a premier independent UK supplier of wine and spirits to grocery retail, on and off-trade, covering a wide range of price points from every day drinking to premium range. Our vision is to drive sustainable growth for us and for our customers by being a world-class provider. Times and technologies have changed, but today we stand for what we’ve always stood for: bringing our customers quality products and outstanding service, responsibly.
We're looking for an experienced Production Manager to work as part of a team of managers to initiate and implement strategic change at pace in line with overall business plan to ensure future success of the organisation. Applying and championing world Class manufacturing techniques to effectively manage the Production function of a 24/7 operation ensuring optimal operational performance.
- Provide leadership, motivate and develop a team of Managers/Coordinators through coaching/monitoring and PDR frameworks providing opportunity for a greater contribution to business success
- Develop structure with clearly defined roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure development of a flexible, multiskilled team.
- Develop and maintain good employment practice in line with Legislation and Trade Union Agreements
- Drive efficiency and productivity movements reducing cost and maximising quality and availability to the customer.
- Coach and implement Lean Manufacturing Principles, championing monitoring and facilitating a team working/CI environment across the production function
- To effectively maximise cost savings and service levels
- Ideally 5 years production/WCM experience at Production/Senior Production Manager level
- Ideally from an FMCG food/drink manufacturing environment.
- Ideally of graduate calibre, with an engineering background and someone who has coached lean manufacturing techniques
- With a proven record of achievement in a high volume production environment.
- Excellent communication, motivational, analytical and planning skills are essential for this role, as is being an exceptional leader of people.
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you then please contact our recruitment partner - Veritas - to discuss in more detail, or forward your CV quoting ref: 5046/36YFJ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details