Site Technical Manager
My client is a £20m+ turnover food manufacturer based in Greater Manchester. They are currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and restructure driven by investment. They require a dynamic Technical Manager to drive change in the Technical Department. The successful Technical Manager will have complete autonomy to run their department in line with the overall aims of the business.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Technical Manager has overall responsibility for ensuring that manufactured products meet agreed standards to ensure product safety, legality and quality.
Specific challenges will be to deliver the transition from offline QC to online and restructuring the Technical department.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- H&S within the Technical Department
- The management and co-ordination of the Technical Department
- The management of the departmental budget
- Knowledge of current legislation relevant to the manufacture, composition, packaging and labelling food products
- The creation and maintenance of raw material and finished product specifications
- Agreeing with customers the private label finished product specifications
- Liaising with customers on all technical issues
- Assuring the technical viability of all NPD
- Investigating and responding to formal and informal issues raised by Regulatory Bodies
- Sourcing and reviewing third party contract technical services such as Analysis, Supplier Auditing, Pest Control
- Submitting recipe Declarations to the Rural Payments Agency and assisting Customs & Excise Officers during verification exercises
- Leading the HACCP Team
- Authorising consumer complaints responses
- Maintain and review the company food safety system
- Drive Improvements in GMP auditing and standards
- Ensure compliance with relevant audit standards BRC, Aldi etc.
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.