3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
New England Seafood International – who are we?
We are a premium supplier of fresh fish, value added fish products and raw ready to eat fish to all the major UK retailers and to food service customers in the UK. We have nearly 500 employees based in our manufacturing site in Chessington, Surrey and nearly 100 based in our manufacturing site in Grimsby, Lincolnshire. Our subsidiary, Joii Sushi Ltd serves the rapidly growing sushi market throughout the UK and Europe. It is the main fish supplier to all the major sushi chains in the UK. Joii Sushi has its base in Chessington and has manufacturing facilities in Boulogne, France.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage the factory production plans working closely with The Production Area Managers, The Goods In Department and the Despatch department. To establish the Factory ‘Position’ in the morning processing the orders in to the planning system and from them producing Line plans and the Kitting plan.
What is this role accountable for?
- To pull in daily orders from Spectrum into Sage
- To check validity of the orders
- To pull orders from Sage into the Excel planning system.
- Check Labour numbers on the shift
- Liaise with Production Area Manager
- Establish position of Factory vs. plan
- Uncover any outstanding Production or stock issues
- Liaise with Goods In about any Stock issues that will prevent start up
- Create Prepack/Filleting Plan
What we expect from the role and how it fits into our organisation?
You may not have worked in our environment before in your career, but an appreciation of manufacturing will be necessary. There are fundamental differences in thinking between a normal manufacturing process, where raw materials are added together to create one product and our processes where products are disassembled, and the individual pieces are sold separately. We also have complex supply chains from around the world with stock moving constantly so an understanding of those dynamics will improve your chances of joining us. It won’t be easy to convince us that you could work in our sector of industry without relevant experience. However, we look for that spark of cerebral dynamism to cope with our environment. We are always prepared to listen – but you will need to be persuasive by demonstrating an attitude of mind which can match our approach to business.
What do you need to bring to our party?
You will need a mixture of skills ensuring there is focus on the detail but also the creativity to generate innovative analysis demonstrating the story behind the numbers. You won’t be able to do that unless you have the right team working with you, so you require great skills in communicating with your team members, the workflows and the ability to ensure the accuracy of the figures produced. We also want the team motivated to work at the edge of their capabilities – always stretching for that feeling of accomplishment and job satisfaction so you would need to have a positive and a can-do attitude.
Your technical abilities will be taken as read. Beyond that you need:
- Innovative thinking
- Great people skills
- Communication capabilities at all levels of the organisation
- Attention to detail with a willingness to get into the heart of matters
- Experience of operating in an manufacturing environment
- A track record of sound decision making as all around you is continually moving
- The willingness to stand your ground when you think you are right and the sense to learn from your mistakes
- …..and a good sense of humour always helps
Apply for Production Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly