Health & Safety Manager
We are currently assisting a prestigious food manufacturer in finding a suitable Health & Safety Manager to compliment their current management team in executing the health & safety and environmental strategy for their Hertfordshire site.
This Health & Safety Manager role will cover the following responsibilities;
- Ensure the consistent application of safety management system including regular review and updating of policies and procedures in line with changes in operational activity, legislative requirements and best practice.
- Develop, implement and regularly review the business continuity plans to minimise disruption to critical functions relating to health & safety.
- Carry out regular audits across the site to ensure compliance with health safety and environmental policies and take ownership of the high risk health and safety related tasks on the company PPM system to ensure compliance.
- Act as a point of contact for local authority fire safety inspections, assisting managers in their responsibility to regular fire risk assessments to be carried out in their areas and supporting the development and implementation of improvement action plans as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place on site to maintain the security of our people, premises and equipment, including measures to tackle violence and security management measures.
- Design and implement environmental management system including regular review and updating of policies and procedures in line with changes in operational activity, legislatives and best practice.
Required Skills and Experience of this Health & Safety Manager role
- Ideally you should have relevant experience for the above and be confident in demonstrating experience of working in a health & safety management role within a food manufacturing environment.
- You should also have experience of waste management and managing a budget including forecasting and reporting on expenditure. You should be ideally be degree qualified and have a NEBOSH diploma.
- Your skills should include being an analytical thinker and experience at route cause analysis and problem solving. Be a strong communicator with tenacity and be result driven.
This Health & Safety Manager role offers and excellent remuneration package including salary up to £45,000PA, 25 days holiday and matched pension contributions.